- General management of the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal
- Rehabilitation Division, CIUSSS West-Central Montreal
- Integrated First Line Services Division, CIUSSS West-Central Montreal
- Mental Health and Dependency Program, CIUSSS West-Central Montreal
- Program to Support Autonomy in Seniors (SAPA)
- Emergency Department of the Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, QC
Improvement of the care pathway for elderly people is both an essential challenge for CISSSs and CIUSSS to meet as part of the reform of the healthcare network, and one of the two priority focuses established the Ministerial Initiative on Alzheimer’s Disease and other major neurocognitive disorders. For this reason, following a request from the management of the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal, the Centre of Excellence on Longevity became a full-scale stakeholder in a number of multidisciplinary projects led by several clinical divisions including General Medicine, Support for the Autonomy of Seniors, Mental Health. In this working context, the self-administered geriatric questionnaire, the SAQ, is a vital tool due to the way in which it enables the medical needs of the elderly population to be rapidly targeted and more effectively addressed. It provides a common language framework operating between institutions with assessment results and alerts that are accessible to a wider population. Finally, the recommendations that it provides make the relationships between the various services even more effective.
> To improve mechanisms for accessing treatment and services for elderly people via improved collaboration between first line services and first and second lines.
> To optimize costs and reduce expenditure by enabling patients to meet with the right professionals at the right time.
- Taking part in the Healthcare and Wellbeing of Elderly People Consultation Board of the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal
- Taking part in the Côte-des-Neiges Elderly People’s Consultation Board
- Taking part in the Medical Services and First Line Professionals Coordination Board of the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal
- Implementation of a pilot project for the use of the SAQ during exchanges between FMGs and SAPAs
- Collaborations between the Department of Geriatrics at the Jewish General Hospital and the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal Mental Health and Dependency Program Board