- CIUSSS West-Central Montreal
- Rehabilitation Division, CIUSSS West-Central Montreal
- Mental Health and Dependency Program, CIUSSS West-Central Montreal
- Integrated First Line Services Division, CIUSSS West-Central Montreal
- Program to Support Autonomy in Seniors (SAPA)
- Greater Montreal Region Alzheimer’s Society
- Côte-des-Neiges, Montreal Elderly People’s Community Consultation Body
The Centre of Excellence on Longevity supports the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal in deploying Phase 2 of the Ministerial Initiative on Alzheimer’s Disease and other major neurocognitive disorders. In addition to its advisory role, it makes use of innovative actions to which it contributes. By placing elderly people at the heart of the treatment toolkit, the methodology proposed by the Centre of Excellence on Longevity makes it possible both to:
> Adapt treatment models for chronic diseases to the specific characteristic and conditions of elderly patients; and
> Integrate them into a more broadly defined strategy with an approach adapted and coordinated for all first line stakeholders.
> To coordinate the action plan for Phase 2 of the Ministerial Initiative on Alzheimer’s Disease and other major neurocognitive disorders to support managers in leading the local delivery of the Alzheimer’s Initiative.
> Supporting first line clinicians, equipping them with the tools they need, training, and defining the responsibilities of the various stakeholders who engage with patients and their loved ones.
- Managing the strategic committee
- Supporting tracking of the project schedule and budget
- Leading the clinical committee for Alzheimer’s disease in the catchment area
- Improving and distributing the toolkit for family medicine groups
- Ensuring that family medicine groups are engaged
- Steering the training plan for family medicine groups and coordinating with the SAPA training plan
- Ensuring that pharmacists are engaged and providing training on Alzheimer’s disease
- Involvement in transversal activities to integrate the plan into the various programs and public consultation bodies for more effective treatment of elderly people and chronic conditions at the CIUSSS
- Collaboration with partner bodies
- Collaboration with community organizations and projects to support caregivers
- Managing the communications plan